Last night we were trying to decide where to go out and eat at. Emma wanted to eat at a place that had food from "where ever Grandpa was from." I said "Samoa?" and she said, "Yes! That food was so good at that wedding we went to!" (Toga's wedding-thank you Toga!) I told her I didn't think there was any place with that kind of food around here so then she thought that maybe Grandpa could come on over and fix her some chop suey, pork and his special pancakes. I said probably not tonight. So the invite is there Grandpa! :) Oh and Grandpa I thought you would appreciate what Tabitha said too.
Tabitha: "Mom can we go to that really fancy restaurant that we went to before."
Me: "What really fancy restaurant?" (because we don't go to really fancy restaurants.)
Tabitha: "You know that one that was REALLY fancy." (I wish I could recall!)
Me: "When did we go there and who was there?"
Tabitha: "Well, you and Dad and me and Emma went. And member you let us go in our Pajamas." (now I know it's REALLY fancy!)
Me: "Did we eat breakfast there?"
Tabitha: "Yes!"
Me: "You mean the Old Country Buffet?"
Tabitha: "Yea mom that really fancy restaurant! Let's go there!"
Well, we didn't end up having Samoan food and we didn't go to the "REALLY fancy restaurant" in our pajamas either. We ended up at a cute little sixties diner eating bugars, fries and ice cream while listening to Beach Boys and Ricky Nelson and looking at Elvis and Betty Boop posters. The girls had fun and decided that the next time family came to town we needed to take them there- at least for ice cream anyways!


As Jeff Foxworthy would say..."You know you're a redneck when going to Old Country Buffet is a dressin'-up occasion." Or something like that. :) Or apparently in your case, a "dress down" occasion.
ReplyDeletelol@ OCB being a "fancy restaraunt" yup, she's samoan alright. lol. and I'm really glad you enjoyed the food at my wedding tabitha!
ReplyDeleteSo cute.
ReplyDeleteHEY!! So I just got a phone call from Jennifer Halter... we have ward volleyball starting this thursday. Our game is at 6pm this week and then 7pm next week. Are you and your husband interested in coming and playing?!! We could use more poeple!!! :)
ReplyDelete